A Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) is a doctorate degree conferred by Government and Private Universities in a strict compliance with UGC norms, an apex body in India for regulating higher education. PhD in principally is an uppermost degree that can be earned in any university and is available in numerous fields. It demands a vast amount of time, inventiveness and discipline from every candidate, nonetheless the rewards of such hard work is marvelous. The PhD program prepares a person for a several respected careers such as a teacher, professor, researcher, or scientist in many fields. Requirements to earn a PhD degree does not differ much in universities since it is being regulated by the norms formed by the apex bodies under MHRD. Rules may slightly vary from entry-level research degrees to higher doctorates. An individual that successfully have able to accomplish a doctorate of philosophy is automatically granted with the academic title of doctor. While pursuing the program the students are usually referred to as doctoral student, scholar or PhD Researchers, However once the student has finished all of the coursework and it’s examinations, working on his/her thesis are also being called as doctoral Researchers or PhD. Researchers.
Admission related information
- Admission to PhD can only be obtained through an entrance test, it is generally conducted by universities twice a year.
- Entrance exam comprises of two parts
- First part is primarily to test the teaching/Research aptitude of the candidate, reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate. And,
- Second part is to test the knowledge of the subject selected by the candidate.
Eligibility Criteria and selection criteria
- Master’s degree in the relevant discipline with 55% marks in aggregate;
- 5% relaxation to SC/ST/OBC candidates.
- An applicant will be short listed for interview on the basis of his/ her score in the entrance examination.
- The final selection for admission in PhD. will be based on the performance in the Interview subject to scoring minimum marks.
Please click here for the detailed step by step PhD Academic Process Calendar
Latest News & Events
19 May 17
10 Jan 17
26 Dec 16
18 Dec 16